Monday, March 14, 2011

Shameless Money Saving Trick!

Cheaper rings that aren't sterling silver or similar material are sometimes made out of copper or nickel.  When you sweat or wear the ring often, it can leave a green ring around your finger. Not cute! 
I learned this trick years ago so you can keep your favorite ring and lose the green finger.

Break out all the rings you want to "preserve."  I got this cute one at a little boutique in St. Louis.

Take any clear nail polish. I happen to have  an OPI top coat. Any one will work.  Paint the inside of the ring with 2 coats of the nail polish.  Let the coats dry in between. 



Viola! You can now wear your favorite rings in confidence! No one will ever know you paid 10 bucks for them, and you don't have to worry about them rubbing off on your finger.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Love this tip! I remember that ring :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I am pretty cure you just saved ALL of my rings...lol!! Damn near...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @melifaif: Glad I could help! I can't remember exaclty where I learned this, but I use this trick on all of my cheaper rings!!

    @hannah: I was with you when I bought it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like so much this ring!!!

    kisses,
    Meritxell
    http://stoneoflight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete